| Danube Delta|
- geographical situation-in the east part of Romania between the Danube, Chilia Branch and the Black Sea, in this county it is situated the most eastern point of Romania-Sulina town (29- 41 -.);
- neighbours-to the north-west-Galati, to the west-Braila, to the south-Constanta, to the east-the Black Sea, to the north-the Danube, Ukraine (Chilia Branch);
- surface-8,499 square km (it ranges the fourth among the Romanian counties according to its surface and it has 20% of the whole lacustrian surface);
- population-266,000 inhabitants;
- towns-TULCEA: capital of the county (97,000 inhabitants); Babadag; Isaccea; Macin; Sulina.
- relief-the most recent and the oldest units of relief can be found here: Quaternary Danube Delta (with Razelm preserve, in the north-east, with a surface of 4,340 square km and 447,000 ha, it is the second Delta in Europe according to its surface, it was formed recently-pre-historic age-a former marine gulf transformed into a lochan through clogging) has three branches (Chilia Branch-the most recent branch, situated to the north, is 116 km long, carries 63% of the whole water capacity of the river, Saint George Branch-the oldest branch, is 118 km long, carries 22% of the whole water capacity of the river, Sulina Branch-the shortest: 64 km, it is an inland waterway, carries 15% of the whole water capacity of the river). The total surface of the Danube basin when flowing into the Black Sea is 805,300 square km and its length is 2,860 km. The Danube Delta is divided by these three branches into three big islands, considered preserves: Letea, Saint George, Dranov crossed by secondary branches, canals; the relief is constantly changing because of the alluvia brought by the river, the land advances to the sea. The relief is also represented by the range of Hercynian mountains: the Macinul Mountains (the Pricopanul Mountains-low, ragged, Tutuiatul Peak-467 m) and by Casimcea, Tulcea, Bagdad, Niculitel Plateaus to the north (highly eroded and covered with new deposits);
- climate-it is continental with high temperatures, low rainfalls, high atmospheric humidity (in the Delta's regions due to water evaporation on the large surfaces), dominant winds from north and north-east, cold winters and frequent nivation, hot and droughty summers;
- watercourses-to the north and west-the Danube; to the east-Black Sea and Razelm lagoon, secondary irregular rivers (they can cause floods): the Telita, Taita, Slava rivers.