| Muntenia and Oltenia|
Arges County - Braila County - Bucharest County - Buzau County - Calarasi County - Dambovita County - Dolj County - Giurgiu County - Ialomita County - Ilfov County - Mehedinti County - Olt County - Prahova County - Teleorman County - Valcea County
Hotels in Teleorman - Travel Agencies in Teleorman
Other zones : Crisana and Banat - Dobrogea - Maramures - Moldova and Bucovina - Transylvania
- geographical situation-in the south of Romania, to the central-east part of Romanian Field, between parallel 430 37' and parallel 440 31' northern latitude and between meridian 240 39' and meridian 250 48' eastern longitude;
- neighbours-to the south-the Danube, Bulgaria; to the north-the Arges, the Dambovita; to the west-the Olt; to the east-Giurgiu;
- surface-5,790 square km (respectively 2.5% of the country-s territory);
- population-470,000 inhabitants;
- towns-ALEXANDRIA: the capital of the county (59,000 inhabitants, on the bank of the Vedea river, at 88 km south-west of Bucharest, the town was set up recently); Rosiorii de Vede; Tr. Magurele; Videle; Zimnicea (the most southern town of our country).
- relief-the county has only one form of relief-field: the Romanian Field which comprises: Western Burnazului Field, Calmatui Field (between the Olt and the Vedea rivers), Gavanu Burdea Field, Boian Field higher altitudes in the north (39 m in the south and 150 m in the north), they are slightly inclined from north to south and from west to east, covered with loess with depressions and winding valleys;
- climate-a mild continental climate of forest steppe with high temperatures, irregular minimum rainfalls, in summer-torrential rains and droughty periods rest of the year, humid air during the hot period of the year, dominant winds from east and west;
- watercourses-the Teleorman, Vedea, Calmatuiul rivers and reduced watercourses to the north-east: the Glavacioc river, the Olt to south-east, the Danube to the south forming a wide meadow;
- The Ruins of Turris Fortress-in the proximity of Turnu Magurele, on the left bank of the Danube, in the 2nd century A.D. there was a strong fortification, on its ruins it was raised the fortress of Constantin the Great (4th century A.D.). Turnu Medieval fortress, built on the ruins of the Roman fortress, was founded by Mircea the Elder (1386-1393);
- Vestiges of a Dacian Citadel-Zimnicea (2nd A.D.), on its ruins it was built the feudal center Dzimnikes;
- Vestiges of Roman Military Settlement-Islaz (2nd A.D.);
- Ruins of Nobility Household-Balaci.
- Monastery-Plaviceni, Dudu village, founded by the court noble Dragomir between 1646-1649, it has valuable mural paintings;
- "Saint Alexander" Cathedral-Alexandria, built in Byzantine Romance style; inside the cathedral there is the tomb of Alexandru Ghica, who set up the capital of the county;
- Church-Balaci, raised in 1684 by Constantin Balaceanu.
- "Peasants' uprising of 1907" Museum-Rosiorii de Vede, it has many exhibits on the causes and the development of the great peasants' movement originated in the spring of 1907;
- "Zaharia Stancu" Memorial House-Salcia;
- "Marin Preda" Memorial House-Silistea, in the proximity of Rosiorii de Vede.
Source: Romanian Travel Guide / Publirom